I can’t believe in two days it will officially be exactly 10 months my little Carmie came into this world! It has been so amazing watching her grow and learn so many new things! Her newest and greatest adventure is climbing, standing, and chewing on everything. She definitely keeps me on my toes, but I never would have thought that experiencing all of this could be so exciting. Anytime Carmie does something new I get so overwhelmed with excitement…I am definitely that parent.

Then again it is also terrifying as well. I am always wondering if I am teaching her enough, or am I socializing enough, and OMG the germs!!!! I would have never ever consider myself a germ-o-phobe but when I delivered Carmie this new condition came as well. Babies explore things by placing literally everything into their mouth, while I am all for her exploring and learning and doing her thing, I am sorry I just can’t let her put every single thing in her mouth. Everytime we go to the grocery store she really wants to explore the grocery cart with her mouth. And yes, I have the shopping cart cover (which is a bigger struggle at Costco, since it never seems to fit their cars properly) but she always manages to reach out to the part that isn’t covered and I just cringe imagining all this bacteria now on her hands. Anytime she drops a toy on the ground (that isn’t her designated play area) I don’t give it back to her unless it is washed/cleaned/sanitized, whatever needs to be done! Thankfully there is safe non toxic hand sanitizers to help calm down the drama queen in me, which have probably at least 100 bottles spread throughout everywhere in the house, every car, and every single bag I own.

I am sure it doesn’t help poor little Carmie that all these little teeth keep popping up. She has 6 with two more top teeth breaking through making a mouth of 8! Do all 10 month babies have 8 teeth???? I feel like she got them all so fast, which is why she just wants to gnaw on everything and everyone. If you’re breastfeeding this is definitely not a good time. But of course she finds it to be hilarious.

Good news is the sleep patterns are amazing now! I mean she does wake up to eat maybe 1-2 times at night but she falls right back to sleep, so she gets anywhere from 10-12 hours of sleep with 1-2 naps during the day. She will definitely let you know when she is tired, she gets veeerrry fussy. Carmie is such a silly and overall happy baby, she makes me so happy.

She has learned so many things up to now:

-babbles A LOT

-gives kisses and high fives

-can pull herself up to stand

-can walk with assistance

-surfs the furniture

-self feeds

-crawls on everything and everyone

-ultimate busy body

More recently we experienced another new (not so fun) journey. Constipation. Poor Carmie was backed up for 8 days. Yes, that’s right, EIGHT DAYS!! And trust me Papa Bear and myself were freaking out by the second day. Everything I read online and in books kept saying this is normal for breastfed babies. The problem was she isn’t just breastfed! She is 95% breastfed and then the other 5% of her diet is solids. My biggest fear was she would become impacted. Fortunately enough she wasn’t in any pain and her Doctor couldn’t feel or hear anything to cause concern when examining her tummy, and we figured out naturally how to help her go! I will have another post that gives all the details on this 8 day expereince.

While Carmie is constantly learning and changing rapidly, so am I! She has not only taught me about the important things in life, but to prioritize and organize, which will be one of my newest and on going journeys to not only help my family, but to give me more tools to teach her as she grows.

xoxo