“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
The Best Juicer For Healthy Juices At Home
- If you’re anything like me, you either spend waaaay to much money on store bought juices OR you bought a cheap little juicer from target. Either way it just isn’t working.
- I love drinking green healthy juices quite often. In Cali we have a number of little places you can go buy a fresh pressed juice. You know with greens, celery, apples, etc. But these healthy juices are quite pricey. Like $8-$9 for 8 oz!!! Crazy right?! I could not afford an expensive juiced salad in a cup that didn’t even fill me up. It made me feel good and energetic. But didn’t do it for my wallet. So we bought a Jack Lalanne juicer to fix the issue. This was a great beginner juicer. After a while with all the juicing we did, we needed an upgrade. So after long nights of researching juicers, we finally made our decision, saved, and bought the SKG Juicer.
What is A Juicer?
- It is a medium sized unit that you put different fruits & veggies through that separates the pulp from the juice.
- A juicer is NOT the same as a blender. A blender cannot separate pulp from juice. It blends it all together. All juicers work differently as well as get taken apart and cleaned differently. This can be a lengthy annoying process.
- Although the masticating juicers are slower they are more beneficial because it doesn’t heat up and oxidize the produce in the process. Therefore, it keeps all of the nutrients in the juice.
Why Should You Juice?
Juicing is a great healthy regimen to add in almost any lifestyle. Juicing helps aid in digestion, great way to add in your veggies, detoxes the body, and also repairs it! But just because you can juice anything doesn’t mean it’s automatically perfect for your body and health. For example you can’t only juice fruit and drink it all day everyday it is WAY too much sugar. While it is a natural sugar, you still don’t want to overdo it.
Why I Started Juicing
While working at a nutrition clinic, I realized literally everyone has gut issues. There were a few people that would get sick off anything they ate because they were unable to digest anything. This is where juicing came along in my life. For those with serious digestion issues sometimes the fiber would just be to harsh on their stomach. They would only be able to drink bone broth and fresh vegetable juices.
A majority of people probably don’t get anywhere near the amount of vegetables they should be eating in a day. It’s not easy eating rabbit food all day everyday. Juicing helps with that! You can literally juice all your recommended veggie serving size in one juice. Realizing how amazing and beneficial these juices are in helping repair the body, I knew I needed to start. Fresh vegetable juices are so amazing to help detox the body, repair the gut, add in adequate vitamins and nutrients, while also giving your body energy.
Best Juicers To Buy
When you invest in purchasing a juicer, think of it as an investment in your health.
The best part of purchasing your own juicer is that you won’t be spending more buying them from stores, and you know exactly what’s in them. I have tried 3 juicers. The Jack Lalanne, Green Star, and the SKG. These three all are great juicers, yet fits everyone’s different needs and lifestyles.
Jack Lalanne Juicer
This Juicer is great for someone who may want to have a juice here and there, and only wants to spend so much on a juicer. We had this juicer for a few years and it did it’s job. We decided to upgrade to a better juicer for a number of reasons. The cheaper ones don’t juice greens very well (spinach, kale, swiss chard). And we juice alot of greens. Also, it was a pain to clean the juicer. I mean all juicers are a pain to clean but this one was just more of a pain.
SKG Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor With Wide Chute
My current most amazing juicer! I personally love this juicer it works perfectly for our needs! We get a great amount of juice extracted from the leafy greens that we use a lot. The cleanup is not bad at all, it comes with brushes to help clean the grater inside the juicer. IT also comes with a straining cloth, and a container to make your own tofu. We don’t eat tofu so it doesn’t matter to us, but you may love that 🙂 .
Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer
The Greenstar is also an amazing juicer. While working at the nutrition clinic, we used this in office. We hosted so many juicing classes using this juicer as the demo. I think it is is great for those who are serious about juicing daily. It works a bit quicker then the SKG, but yields just as much juice if not more. The cleanup of this unit is a pain in my opinion. I think it is a bit more tedious to clean, and it is definitely more of a larger unit, so make sure you have the space!
Common Questions/FAQ About Juicing
- Can I store my juices for later?
- The best way to store your juice is in a tightly sealed container. Mason Jars are PERFECT.
- To protect the enzymes in the juice, it is recommended to store in the fridge up to 72 hours.
- Can I lose weight juicing?
- This all depends on you 🙂
- If you are eating healthy as well as juicing then most definitely!
- Are juices meal replacements?
- There are juice detox programs that are a few days where you consume only juices everyday. Usually it recommends consuming 20-30 oz fresh pressed juices 3-4 times a day.
- Do you have to throw the pulp away?
- There are so many options you can use the pulp for!
- If you garden, it is great for compost!
- You can also flatten the pulp out and dehydrate them for crackers.
- Do you have dogs? Mix some of the pulp with their food! (unless they are picky)
The Last Thing You Need To Know About Juicing
- Juicing is so amazing and healthy for the body. It is a great way to start towards Healthy Living! The more you get into juicing, you can start creating your own mixes of vegetables that are delicious! It is so perfect for all you mamas trying to add more veggies in their child’s diet! I make veggie juices and add some fruit to sweeten it up a bit to freeze and make healthy Popsicles for my little one.
What kind of juices do you enjoy making? Have you guys tried making crackers from the pulp?